Top 10 things I love about Little House on the Prairie
I grew up watching re-reruns of Little House on the Prairie after school each weekday with my dad and then later on my own. I loved that show I have no idea why a child of the 80’s connected so well with a show about the 1880’s, but I did. Here are the top ten things I loved about Little House:
1. Laura. I loved her character.
2.Pa, he was such a kind caring dad, I think I kind of wished he was my dad
3. The simple-ness of their lives. Yes life was hard on the prairie but in some ways it seemed so much easier than my life
4. Olsen’s store. I loved the general store. We had a general store in my town, and of course I never saw it in it’s heyday. I also loved Mr & Mrs Olsen, they reminded me of a cross between my grandparents and my grandparents best friends
5. School. I loved how school played a major role and how Mary & Laura were both teachers
6. Almonzo. Wow. He was so cute. I was so envious of Laura
7. Albert. I loved his character and he was also super cute.
8.The episodes with medical dramas. I loved to see how they treated anthrax, blindness, child birth, typhus,mountain fever, etc
9. The Christmas episode, when they all share memories- Caroline & Hester Sue- the snow is falling, they are all snowed in, if you don’t cry at a Little House Christmas episode, well I just don’t know
10. The trips to the city of Sleepy Eye. It just always sounded so cool to go there. Plus I loved the stage coach that took people places.
I was upset when the Hallmark channel stopped playing the episodes, but super glad that they brought them back. Sometimes I forget an episode and see it again like it’s the first time. There are other episodes I could quote word for word. What a great wholesome show.